Re: [opensuse] Asus M2N SLI
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 07:34:51 -0800

> > Would you explain why you are trying to be so nasty to me? I have
> > only represented my opinions, backed up by facts, about why I think
> > the oft-repeated animus towards ASUS is unwarranted. But for some
> > reason, you are bent upon attacking me with baseless and irrelevant
> > accusations and innuendo. Why?
> >

> > RRS
>
> =======
> You started it Randy, you always do.

False. This was my first posting on this thread:

On Saturday 30 December 2006 18:05, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> On Saturday 30 December 2006 16:39, BandiPat wrote:
> > Most here will recommend you stay away from anything Asus! There
> > are better, more compatible motherboard brands out there.
>
> B.S. It's not about compatibility, it's about the fact that Asus
> won't help you if you call them and tell them you're using Linux.
>
> And "most here?" Prove it. Many of us own ASUS component and use them
> satsifactorily.
>
> ASUS hardware is good, and it uses stock components. There's really
> no reason to expect them to help you, since there's really nothing
> they can do or add. If the necessary drivers exist for Linux, then
> great. If not, it wouldn't matter which vendor selected that
> component.

If you think the mere use of the term "B.S." or a request to "Prove it."
is an attack, then you are the one who is too thin-skinned.

> You attack then expect the reader not to react.

I don't mind reactions. But you came in with this:

On Saturday 30 December 2006 20:29, BandiPat wrote:
> Schulzy,
> We all realize you made a bad purchase decision when buying your
> Asus. We've listened to you trying to defend that decision on
> several occasions. We've also listened to you whine & moan & groan
> about things not working with it or having to alter things to get
> something to work. Just recently, I believe, when 10.2 was released
> there were cries for help coming from your direction!
>
> Now again, you come after us trying to defend your bad purchase
> decision of Asus motherboards. Just admit you chose poorly and leave
> it at that. There's no reason to attack others for their opinions
> about hardware. We don't hold your bad opinions against you, so why
> should you hold our good ones against us? Don't you have something
> more constructive to do with your time?

You start by mangling my surname. I find that offensive, and I think it
was your intention to do so. You did it again later, calling me "Ran"
and "Randy."

Then you start to impugn my purchase choice and demand that I "admit"
something that is simply untrue. You talk about "moaning and groaning."
I did make legitimate complaints and file bug reports about problems in
the SuSE Linux 10.2 releases, including one first introduced in the
final release . And while those complaints did reflect symptoms using
an ASUS P5B Deluxe board, they were not specific to ASUS, but rather to
the specific Intel and JMicron chips they chose. Users with other
vendor's boards using those chips would experience the same or similar
problems. And if you do some searching on the Internet, as I did,
you'll find they do.

With the exception of the AGPgart bug introduced in the final release
(and easily worked around), there is no problem running SuSE Linux 10.2
on an ASUS P5B Deluxe.

I tried to ignore that by calling you on it as the attempt to bait me it
clearly is. You would not back down and admit you were just being nasty
for the sake of being nasty, so here we are.

If you really wanted to make the tone here more civil, you would not act
on that desire with public missives like these.

> You came into a conversation with the attitude
> everybody else was wrong that had an opinion and you were right.

It really seems the problem is that _you_ cannot tolerate disagreement.
I merely made and defended my point. And since you brought up this ASUS
business again, I had to rebut it again.

> You
> do that a lot on this list. You seem to want to insert yourself or
> your ill thoughts into more threads than is necessary, yet you
> continue to do so. You are either making someone mad or trying to
> with your comments. I think most here would agree, your thoughts and
> nastiness is not needed in a lot of the threads you feel you need to
> participate in.

I have a right equal to anyone else's to comment when I feel I have
something to say. I don't like false statements going unchallenged. If
you (or anyone) is going to make them and I see them and know something
about the topic, then I'm going to reply. That's my right.

> I can only guess you are bored with life and yourself that you need
> the attention by doing these things. Your statement last evening
> proves you have a high opinion of yourself, in your own mind, but I
> dare say that's not how the rest of us view you. That's why we find
> you laughable.

And now you're psychoanalyzing me and speaking for others on this list.
In fact, your message contains several statements made on the behalf of
people other than yourself.

Again, I'm not the one with the problems, here.

> Randy Quote:
> > All that matters here is knowledge and experience, and clearly mine
> > exceed yours and that of the typical poster here by a large factor.

I do not go by "Randy" here because I know there are British and
Australian subscribers who see that word as an adjective.

Randall Schulz