Re: [opensuse] SUSE repository
  • From: Robert Lewis <rll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 07:10:57 -0800
Pascal Bleser wrote:
> Robert Lewis wrote:
> > Pascal Bleser wrote:
> >> Yes

> >> The oss repository that's available from servers on the internet has
> >> more packages than what is available on the CD/DVD ISOs.
> >>
> >> It indeed makes sense to also add the internet repositories to YaST2's
> >> list of installation sources.
> >>
> > Thanks! One more question.
> > If I purchase the Commercial DVD-9 release of 10.2 then is this the same
> > as the repositories or is there still a benefit to pointing to them?
>
> Even the DVD has less packages than the internet repository.
> (the "commercial" DVD is exactly the same as the DVD ISO you can
> download on the internet)
>
> So, yes, even when you have the DVD, it still makes sense to add the
> internet repositories.
>
> cheers
The download off the internet is a 3.8-GB DVD roughly for the I386 version.
The boxed set has the combined 32-bit/64-bit version with extra DVD's.
It is close to 8.4-GB for that version. I was not aware that
you could download the boxed version of the 8.4-GB Dual Layer DVD.
If so where?

If one purchases the 8.4-GB version and puts that as an image for
YaST installation sources is there anything at the repo's that go beyond
that?
Sorry to be a pest on this but I just want to close the confusion in my
head.