Re: [opensuse] Cant setup up repos
  • From: Curtis Rey <crey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 22:37:34 -0800

On Sunday 31 December 2006 20:28, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> Curtis Rey wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > Opps! typo in email post. It is and was indeed the above you posted, I
> > just mistyped. Eitherway. I did a "mv .kde kde-bkup" and then
> > transferred my files for such things as kmail/kontact, etc. When I
> > updated to 10.2 (as well as other version) I have sequestered my /home/*
> > and /usr/local directories on their own partition (so as not to
> > format/overwrite those directories). Therefore, some of the config files
> > that remain in the .kde directory are old and from previous kde version.
> > Though many may get updated that's not always the case. I then updated
> > some kde rpms and that's when my problems started.
> >
> > Now my mail and book marks are saved and my desktop is nice and crisp and
> > snappy.
>
> Told ya you'd like it! So there. ;)
>
> Happy New Year buddy!
>
> Fred

Ya, ya! (though I still can't figure out what fall down go boom!).

Oh and as far as the fglrx drivers are concerned. I got them working. I used
the "/usr/sbin/atigetsysteminfo.sh" command which put the output log file in
my /root dir. It reported the fglrx_dri.so file was missing. The thing is
that it was indeed installed but not in directory that it expected it to be
in. I simply copied the file (fglrx_dri.so) into the directory it wanted to
find it in and voila! (after restarting X that is). No problems so far.
The XGL/AIGLX composite stuff doesn't work however - not that I'm all that
broken up about it! Nice eye candy I guess, but oh well, no loss!

Have a great New Year Fred (and the rest on the list as well) :D

CHEERS!!! Curtis.

- --
Spammers Beware: Trespassers will be shot,
survivors will be shot again!