Re: [opensuse] Getting rid of "Marching Penguins"
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 02:05:22 +0100 (CET)

The Sunday 2006-12-31 at 16:09 -0800, Kai Ponte wrote:

> Server database. When determining if results were found, I put a default "not
> found" message: "No results found - Bummer."
>
> When I gave a demo, the "bummer" message came up, as I had forgotten to remove
> it. I instantly apologized and told the administrative staff I'd remove the
> message. They told me to leave it in, as they "needed some humor in the
> department."

Programmers seem to have a "funny" sense of humour. I remember reading a
report about a book in the old PC Magazine; I don't remember if it was
undocumented windows or undocumented dos. It seems a programmer had to put
a goto statement in the code and named the label something like
"icantbelieveihadtouseagotostatement" or some thing like that ;-)

- --

A programmer was found dead this evening in his shower. In his hand he
still held a shampoo bottle. The label read thus:
"apply, rub, rinse, repeat".

Cheers,
Carlos E. R.