[opensuse] Re: Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: Russ Fineman <russbucket@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:10:30 -0800
Tom Patton wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 22:28 -0600, Benjamin Rosenberg wrote:

>> > Started with 7.0 for me and its only gotten better. I have 10.0 and I
>> > am considering 10.2 but not on this old box. I have a PIII and PIV
>> > which should handle it fine.
>> >
>> > Nice to see I am not alone on modem. Not everyone is rich.
>>
>> Yeah. It has gotten better and better. I'd agree with that. :)
>>
>> My God man .. how much is your dial-up? AT&T has DSL for $15.00 a
>> month .. I don't know how you still deal with a modem. You're a
>> better man then I am in that regard. :D
>>
>> - Ben
>> --
> It's a question of availability in my case...6 miles from town, no cable
> or dsl available. It's a real pain, for sure!
>
> So far, 10.2 is a winner! Eagle (board design) and Splat (rf
> propogation) both installed nicely, so my laptop is happy. It "feels"
> faster, and the Thinkpad is running cooler than it did with 9.3.
>
> Tom

Glad to hear 10.2 is working for you. I have not got mine installed yet.
Have problem with KDAR which I want to backup /home with. My problem is not
modem but an ISP who limits downloads/uploads to 5GB/month without extra
cost. If I downloaded everything for 10.2 I would not have much left for
everything else that month. Since I'm on the county fiber network (real
high speed) which works great with 9.1 and 10.0. Find out soon about 10.2.
Only other choice is Quest or cable which are both on 10th the speed.
--
Russ