Re: [opensuse] Asus M2N SLI
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 10:51:57 -0500
On Saturday 30 December 2006 22:49, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> What on Earth is the significance of how "cooperative" a vendor is? Who
> needs there cooperation? You look at their hardware. If it's suits your
> needs and has support under Linux, you can choose it. If not, you
> don't.
>
> For the life of me, I don't understand this vendetta against ASUS.

I had three boards in a row 'smoke' on me when I first installed them.

I was able to get replacements each time from the vendor. And the last of
those three was in a complete new chasis that was assembled by the vendor.

I finally shipped that back and told the vendor to reassemble it with an Intel
MB and I haven't used ASUS since. At the time I was told that ASUS's
quality control sucked and that they would re-ship returned boards without
even looking at them.