Re: [opensuse] Hibernate on Lid-close - OpenSuSE 10.2
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:11:08 -0800
On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 18:09 -0700, jim barnes wrote:

> You'll find that in /etc/sysconfig/powersave/events
> Look for EVENT_BUTTON_LID_CLOSED="screen_saver"
> Change to any value such:
> Possible Values: notify, wm_shutdown, wm_logout, standby,
> suspend_to_disk, suspend_to_ram, screen_saver, switch_vt, ignore or any
> value
>
> Also available via YaST>System>/etc/sysconfig Editor

Amazing now a laptop can shut down when closed. I had always wondered
how that security hole would be closed. It was one of the reasons I
hesitated about buying a laptop.

One question does this also save state? If your in a program logging in
to that user restores that state such as being in the middle of email or
letter writing in OOo your back up when you log in?

--