Re: [opensuse] Asus M2N SLI
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:36:51 +0100 (MET)

On Dec 30 2006 19:49, Randall R Schulz wrote:

>What on Earth is the significance of how "cooperative" a vendor is? Who
>needs there cooperation? You look at their hardware. If it's suits your
>needs and has support under Linux, you can choose it. If not, you
>don't.

That's what the article is about...

>For the life of me, I don't understand this vendetta against ASUS.

...I agree that it stretches the point "ASUS does not support Linux"
too much - and what about BSD? Clearly, when you buy ASUS and have
problems, it is most likely a PEBKAC.

Look at me, I got an EliteGroup L7S7A2 (or so), onboard sound works
using snd-intel8x0 but the AC97 codec it uses is just craptastic - no
hardware volume control.

-`J'