Re: [opensuse] Asus M2N SLI
  • From: Rauch Christian <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:22:31 +0100

André Malin schrieb:
> Does anybody have any experience with that motherboard, I' m planing to buy
> one of those?

I can't tell about the M2N in particular, but I bought an M2V recently
and it's a mess...

With openSUSE 10.2 the following problems came up:

boots only with noacpi, disabling acpi in bios makes detecting the sata
disk to fail.
The NIC is not usable too, I've added an RTL8139 as NIC, 'cause having
no network is not an option.

My other Asus Board (A8N5X with nForce4 chipset) just works fine, but
you don't seem to get this anymore :/

Regards,
Chris