Re: [opensuse] Mail from FireFox.
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:11:11 -0800

> >>A) NO, they dont't!
> >>B) I care! Like now - I'm on a site and stuck with Portable
> >>Thunderbird. I'd like FireFox to use it!!
> >
> > Excuse me?
> >
> > A) Windows Firefox has the same about:config preferences mechanism
> > that the Linux version does.
> >
> > B) This is a Linux list. Our concern about Windows is at best
> > tangential.
> >

> > Furthermore, your statement: "I'm on a site and stuck with Portable
> > Thunderbird. I'd like FireFox to use it" is a complete nonsequitur.
> > We're talking about linking Firefox (on SuSE Linux) to KMail.
> > Thunderbird is neither here nor there.
>
> Quit being an ass. I asked because I wanted the answer primarily for
> SUSE systems....mine and others. I made the comment about the 'Bloze
> version of FF simply because of sites where I HAVE to use their
> equipment, I use Portable FF and Thunderbird on a USB MEM stick. And,
> NO, it DOESN'T work.

Quit calling me an ass. (And quit putting a Reply-To in your postings to
this list!)

It's still all nonsense. What the hell is "Portable" Firefox and
Thunderbird that distinguishes them from the ones the rest of us use?

What DOESN'T work? Is there a defect in the Firefox preference mechanism
in this Portable version you're using? If so, get it fixed.

Really, I don't know what you're going on about. The answer given to the
question asked was valid and correct, including my elucidation of how
to carry out the basic procedure constituting that answer.

> Fred

RRS