Re: [opensuse] Asus M2N SLI
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:11:17 -0500
On 2006/12/30 19:49 (GMT-0800) Randall R Schulz apparently typed:

> On Saturday 30 December 2006 18:45, Felix Miata wrote:

>> On 2006/12/30 19:02 (GMT-0500) André Malin apparently typed:

>> > Does anybody have any experience with that motherboard, I' m
>> > planing to buy one of those?

>> Any particular reason why a board from a more cooperative
>> manufacturer wouldn't suffice?
>> http://www.mozillaquest.com/Linux04/Asus_Sucks_Story-01.html

> What on Earth is the significance of how "cooperative" a vendor is? Who
> needs there cooperation? You look at their hardware. If it's suits your
> needs and has support under Linux, you can choose it. If not, you
> don't.

> For the life of me, I don't understand this vendetta against ASUS.

Either you retained nothing from reading the provided link, or you
didn't read it. Modern mass produced components do not have a 0% failure
rate. Quite typically with modern vendors when the first 30 days after
purchase has passed, they require the purchaser to deal with the
manufacturer if warranty issues arise. When you think you have a
warranty claim, you must convince the manufacturer you have a reasonable
claim before they will authorize a warranty procedure. Good luck to you
overcoming this obstacle when Asus learns you use Linux.

Asus' horrid web site is reason enough to avoid their products anyway.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409