Re: [opensuse] Changing users temp folder
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:43:40 +1100
Jeffery Fernandez wrote:
On Sunday 31 December 2006 13:24, Sylvester Lykkehus wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Jeffery Fernandez wrote:
-snip-
When I was using mandriva I was used to having my tmp folder within
my home directory. This way when I download a file which happens to
be a pdf and gets opened by an other application like kpdf, the file
gets stored in my ~/tmp folder than the systems tmp folder.
-snip-
You have the choice of specifying where all your downloads should go
when a download is initiated. I created a directory called Downloads
in my ~/home and everything I download goes there. Cannot see why you
can't do the same.

Cheers.
I think he means, when clicking a link in a browser he gets the option
to open it with "application X", or download the file. If he opens with
"application X", the file will be downloaded to /tmp, and opened by the
application in question.

thats exactly what I meant.

It might help if you divulged which OS you are now using and which browser you are using.

As far as I know browsers usually use a cache where everything you see on your screen is first placed and then, if you decide to download it, then it is downloaded to the directory you had specified when setting up the browser.

Firefox for example puts everything into a cache (which is in your ~/home); so does konqueror - if you select that it uses a cache.

So, which browser are you talking about here?

Cheers.