Re: [opensuse] Getting rid of "Marching Penguins"
  • From: Benjamin Rosenberg <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:59:31 -0600
On Dec 30, 2006, at 8:49 PM, James Knott wrote:
you may not need to subscribe.. just search the archives.

Assume I'm a user who doesn't know about mailing lists and is not
interested in searching a mail list archive. How does he disable it?
If he doesn't like the desktop image, it's easy enough to change. If he
doesn't like KDE, he can chose Gnome during install or later. He
doesn't have to search archives he doesn't know about, to find the
answer. Why is it necessary to do that, to get rid of that penguin screen?

So in other words you're saying " I don't want to find the answer myself. I just want someone to tell me because I'm too lazy to look it up. " This doesn't work whether you're using Windows, MacOSX or Linux .. and quite frankly it makes a great many people in business environments or at home want to respond with GTMF. But since I'm feeling nice I'll GTMF for you .. and here it is and it was the first bloody link.

http://homevellt.wordpress.com/2006/04/12/changing-the-grub-boot- screens/

Now please stop lecturing us on what is good for a business environment and what isn't .. because boot screens DO NOT qualify as something to worry about in this instance. There are a great many of us who have been in corporate environments for a great many years and what you're saying is complete CRAP .. it's a boot screen you see for a few seconds when you start your computer .. w00p!

- Ben
--
Envy, n: Wishing you'd been born with an unfair advantage instead of having to try and acquire one.