[opensuse] Changing users temp folder
  • From: Jeffery Fernandez <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:58:09 +1100
Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to change the users temp folder location
from /tmp to ~/tmp ?

When I was using mandriva I was used to having my tmp folder within my home
directory. This way when I download a file which happens to be a pdf and gets
opened by an other application like kpdf, the file gets stored in my ~/tmp
folder than the systems tmp folder.

This is advantages for the user to just go to their home/tmp folder to save
any files they download to an other location rather than navigating back to
the root of the file system to fetch the document from /tmp

I don't know what dis-advantages it would have by being in the users home
directory. On the other hand having it store the temp files under /tmp is a
privacy issue I would think.

Jeffery