Re: [opensuse] The Perfect Setup - OpenSuSE 10.2 (32-bit)
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:48:28 -0900
On Saturday 30 December 2006 05:03, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> If anyone who knows MySQL well knows which table contains the e-mail
> address, I might get courier to authenticate against that instead of
> against pam.

Knoda is great for browsing Mysql tables.

But, it would seem that just biting the bullet and going to ldap
would make more sense.

That is the preferred way for SLES, and although it is dramatically
different than the traditional suse (opensuse), its pretty neat because
ldap is used for everything, users mail (even mail for non users, e.g.
people with no login account), dhcp setup, dns, etc. Its pretty
cool, because it rounds up all those things that linux has scattered
all over and puts it in one place. (Just pray it doesn't break!).

--
John Andersen