Re: [opensuse] Problems Installing openSUSE
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 07:36:04 -0800
On Saturday 30 December 2006 06:41, Dotty Pixel wrote:
> I really badly want to get involved with openSUSE, but my hard drive
> isn't cooperating. I have an 80 gig Samsung, that I bought a while
> back. I'm trying to install openSUSE on it, and when it comes time to
> format it, after the status bar just says 0% for a while, an error
> pops up that says:
>
> Failure occured during following action:
> Creating partition /dev/sda1
> Error code -1008
>
> Can somebody explain what's wrong?

Probably not, unless they've seen the same thing in the same or a very
similar context.

You should say a lot more about the hardware you're using, since the
most likely issue is a hardware compatibility problem. Some have known
work-arounds, others might require a bug report to get fixed.

Randall Schulz