Re: [opensuse] FTP question.
  • From: J Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:06:02 -0800

James Hatridge wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> My new web site hoster uses "WS-FTP" to upload to my site. It is only for W$,
> what should I use with Linux?

You mean, to upload to the site from a linux client? Naturally scp would be
the best bet, but if ftp access is all they offer, any linux ftp client will
work. ncftp can be easily scripted to upload files, or even plain old ftp with
the right command line options. If you want a GUI ftp client, gftp and others
work well, and there is even a beta of filezilla 3.0 for linux.

Joe