Re: [opensuse] Future hardware and support.
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:19:59 +0100
Fredag 29 december 2006 05:19 skrev Fred A. Miller:
> I debated about posting this here, but decided to do so since there's
> been a lot of interest in what AMD will do with ATI in regards to Linux.
> Well, after reading the below referenced article, the question as to
> AMD's intentions is MUCH, MUCH broader, raises my blood pressure
> considerably, and leaves me wondering will happen after Jan. and Vista
> is released. The article is long, but worth the read.
>
> Fred
>
> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt

Dear Sir and list,

I read your article, I'm still in chock!

I never ever anticipiated the implications to be this deep and far reaching.
My only comfort is that I'm situated within the EU, the commission will NEVER
accept this...
I actually wish that US citizens had a similar body to restrict what companies
can do and what they cannot do.