Re: [opensuse] 10.2 will not install
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:08:34 -0500
On 2006/12/28 10:55 (GMT-0500) Aaron Bridge apparently typed:

> I have tried downloading using http, ftp, bittorrent, and get right.
> The downloads complete, but the install hangs. After the kernel loads
> the last thing that is printed to the screen is: NET: Registered
> protocol family 2
> Then the curser just blinks under that.

> I even made a boot.iso disk, which had the correct checksum, and still
> had the problem.

> I am using a PIII with 512mb RAM. Downloading the i386 files.

> To be sure I didn't have a hardware problem I reloaded 10.1 without a
> problem.

I have no idea, but someone might if you told more about your hardware,
like chipset model, graphics adapter model & type, HD type, and whether
you have any always-enabled USB devices. Trying to start the install
directly from the HD using grub might work if your optical reader or
writer is the problem. http://en.opensuse.org/Installation and/or
http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_without_CD might be helpful.
--
"Let your conversation be always full of grace." Colossians 4:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409