Re: [opensuse] No reboot option
  • From: "Mark Goldstein" <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:17:01 +0200
On 12/28/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mark Goldstein wrote:

I have also noticed that it's not available on my 64 bit desktop system,
which has Failsafe and Memory Test options on the Grub boot menu. Which
version of SUSE are you running?

Oops, I went to check it and ... surprise! "Restart computer" has no
suboptions. I was pretty much sure I've used them. Probably it was
with 10.1, installed before that.

I'm using openSuSE 10.2 x86 versions. On dualboot Thinkpad I have in
GRUB menu OpenSuSE 10.2, Windows and OpenSuSE 10.2 (Failsafe).
On the dualboot desktop I have also Floppy option and all 4 options
are there in "Restart computer". One difference is that on desktop I
have Win2000, not XP, but this should not be the reason.

I'll try to figure out what's the difference.

--
Mark Goldstein