Re: [opensuse] Hibernate on Lid-close - OpenSuSE 10.2
  • From: Jay C Vollmer <jvollmer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:43:18 -0600
On Thursday 28 December 2006 11:26, Kai Ponte wrote:
> On Thursday 28 December 2006 08:24, Bruce A. Mallett wrote:
> > Jay C Vollmer wrote:
> > > Anyway, can someone tell me what has happened to the switch in power
> > > management configuration which allows automatic hibernation on
lid-close
> > > events?
> >
> > You are not alone .. I've been wondering the same thing!
>
> Huh? Missed this post.
>
> I have KDE running on 10.1. I don't know if Gnome allows for powersaving,
so
> YMMV.
>
> Right-click on the KPowersave Icon in the system tray.
>
> Click "Start YAST2 Power Management Module"
>
> Select "Other Settings"
>
> Select "ACPI Settings"
>
> You should have a selection for "Laptop Lid Closing"

Hi Kai.

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please confirm that you have these controls available under openSUSE
10.2?

When I start the YaST2 Power Management module in 10.2 I have no option
labeled "Other Settings." Only "Edit Schemes" and "Suspend Permissions."

--
JAY VOLLMER JVOLLMER@xxxxxxxx
TEXT REFS DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD SELFTHINK