[opensuse] 10.2: what are the update differences?
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:00:43 +0100
Hi list,

While I still work with 10.0 I installed 10.2 in a small partition as a second
boot option, so I can play, learn and get used to it. Install was easy.

Now I wonder about the differences in the update tools: there is "online
update" in Yast and the orange exclamation mark in the control bar.

While "online update" showed just a few lines, the orange thing showed a much
larger list. I decided to use this one (more is better, isn't it? ;-) ).
After downloading a while it said, it was successful, but the exclamation
mark remained orange. So I clicked it again, it dowloaded again, was
successful again, and finally the icon was changed.

I opened Yast again, clicked "online update" and the list was gone, just the
M$-fonts (which I havn't downloaded) was still there.

Can somebody please tell me what's the difference between those update
methods? Is everything in "online update" also in the orange exclamation
mark, but not vice-versa? Or are these completely different things?

Daniel
Madagascar special: http://www.sanic.ch