[opensuse] openSUSE 10.2 - can't talk to remote cupsd
  • From: Jay C Vollmer <jvollmer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 05:47:45 -0600
Hi everybody.

Yesterday evening I upgraded the box I use as a print-server from SuSEPro
10.1 to openSUSE 10.2 and have found that I can no longer print to that
system from other devices on my network.

Cupsd on the printserver is set to run in runlevels 2, 3 and 5 and is
running. a printer is hanging off the parallel port, has been configured
and functions properly when jobs are submitted from the server itself.

Likewise I can reach the CUPS management page, but only from the server
itself (http://localhost:631/,) but I can reach neither cupsd or the CUPS
administration page from other hosts on the network.

The behavior is the same whether the firewall is on or off.

This all worked perfectly under 10.1 and I can't see what's wrong with the
setup.

Is there someone who might have an idea of what is wrong - or what I might
check?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe

--
JAY VOLLMER JVOLLMER@xxxxxxxx