Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice.org - Microsoft Office interoperability
  • From: Hans du Plooy <koffiejunkielistlurker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:54:45 +0200
On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 20:20 +0000, Dave Howorth wrote:
> I would suggest using .RTF as the interchange format if .DOC isn't
> working. There's obviously something wrong with MS Office if it can't
> read and write RTF properly :)

It can't! Try this: Take wordpad, make a complex .rtf document (well,
as complex as it gets with .rtf in wordpad), save it, and open it with
MS Word. Chances are it will come out skewed.

Now, as if this is not bad enough, wordpad in later versions of windows
*is* MS Word (version 2.0).

Unfortunately, .rtf doesn't cope with the stuff a lot of people do in
Word these days.

Hans