Re: [opensuse] Diff. between OpenSuSE and SuSE Linux Enterprise
  • From: Thomas Hertweck <Thomas.Hertweck@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:25:18 +0000

Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 December 2006 15:54, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
>> Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> Fedora is really an experimental test distro for RHEL so comparing
>>> OpenSuse with it is not really accurate since OpenSuse releases are
>>> stable, production ready.
>>
>> You're kidding, right?
>
> No. My understanding and the explanation I was given is that OpenSuse
> releases - not the betas - are much more stable than Fedora Core is.

Or in other words: you have no experiences with FC systems and (as it
seems) with production systems in general but you make the statement
that "opensuse releases are much more stable than FC releases and
opensuse releases are ready for production". Did I get this right?
Well, although I like opensuse I think reality has significantly
differed from your statement in 2006...

Cheers, Th.

PS: Brett, please read
http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/edit.html before you reply to
any other email on this list. No top-posting, please.