Re: [opensuse] Diff. between OpenSuSE and SuSE Linux Enterprise
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:30:01 +0100
Mário Gamito wrote:
Hi,

For years i was a SuSE Linux user, somewhere between 5.3 and 9.0, i believe.
Then, i changed for reasons that doesn't matter now.

I'm changing jobs and i'm going to work on Enterprise Linux.
I'm already downloading OpenSuSE too see hop it goes now.

My questions is what are the differences between OpenSuSE and SuSE Enterprise Linux ?

SLED is mostly an openSUSE with the Gnome desktop (see the 10.2 Gnome desktop).

The other special Novell product is Zen, a complete supervisor programm, I don't know if it's included in SLED

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/GPS_Lowrance_GO