Re: [opensuse] Diff. between OpenSuSE and SuSE Linux Enterprise
  • From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:43:29 -0500
I assume you are talking SLED (Enterprise Desktop) and OpenSuse. My
understanding when I checked was that SLED would not be updated as much since
it's meant for the Enterprise world and they do not typically do updates on
the same schedule we would for a home or some other system. An Enterprise
usually rolls out a desktop setup and keeps it until they check and certify
any changes. SLED will be like that - updates checked throughly but not as
often as OpenSusue. OpenSuse will be for those who want a tested but updated
more often release. I understand there are differences in what comes with
SLED vs OpenSUSE.

Fedora is really an experimental test distro for RHEL so comparing OpenSuse
with it is not really accurate since OpenSuse releases are stable, production
ready.

--

Brett I. Holcomb