[opensuse] Setting up NFS with Suse 10.2
  • From: "Tim Erickson" <tjerick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 12:33:57 -0700
Hello

I'm looking to set up Suse 10.2 to share files between several
computers in my home via a wireless router. [Linksys WRT54GL] The
router is the connection to the internet btw. I would like to use NFS
but having never done so before I'm looking for some advice and/or
links to how-to files for SUSE. Currently I have installed the NFS
software for client and server on the main machine and my laptop and
have tried to get them to talk to each other with no luck. All my
attempts at configuration have been done with the YAST2 modules since
I figure that is the most fool-proof method.

Q: Do I need to have NIS server setup? The machines get their
addresses from the router's DHCP. Is this relevant?

Q: Is there a special configuration I need to do within the router? VPN?

Q; Is there a better way? Samba, iFolder?

Thanks in advance,

Tim