Re: [opensuse] Re: Goodbye to suse and why not stay, The Linux Wall
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:34:27 +0100
Randall R Schulz wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 December 2006 11:11, Per Jessen wrote:
>> Randall R Schulz wrote:
>>
>> > There certainly is an issue of expectations management, but
>> > remember, this all started out by me saying that I thought the
>> > software profession has not done a good enough job. And it hasn't.
>>
>> I think that should be the software industry, not the profession.
>
> Exactly what distinction are you drawing here?

That in virtually any product, it is the industry that determines the
level of usability, quality etc., not the craftsman. I have no doubt
the software engineer can deliver what you want, but only if he/she is
allowed to and given the necessary time and resources. A rush job is
always a rush job.

/Per Jessen, Zürich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed email security.