[opensuse] Local Yast Install Source
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 05:50:48 -0600
SuSE 10.1

In 10.0 I had my Download directory in Yast as an install source.
Basically I just opened an RPM and clicked the button on the right at
the top, "Add as Yast install source" [ or something like that ]. It was
there. This doesn't seem to work in 10.1. I tried to use the add local
install source in Yast but it won't take from there either.

When I click the left button at the top, "Install with Yast" It starts
Yast2 and does the "Reading Packages" stuff then comes back with an
error to the effect that it isn't there.

With the "System>Configure>Install Software", started by right clicking
the RPM, I usually get some error message after the reading packages
stuff and then it shows up. Click the "Install" button and go have a
couple cups of coffee, or watch a movie. Come back and it says install
was successful. Just seems to take forever, but probably more like
fifteen to twenty minutes to install a package.

Does anyone know the exact wording to add my Download Directory to Yast?

Or

Another way to get it there?

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)