Re: [opensuse] Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 22:04:21 -0900
On Tuesday 26 December 2006 07:25, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 12:51:21AM -0900, John Andersen wrote:
> > On Monday 25 December 2006 16:19, Clint Tinsley wrote:
> > > But in openSuSE's defense, this is a community distribution,
> >
> > What part if it strikes you as a "community distribution"?
> >
> > Do you or I have a vote on what goes in it?
> >
> > scuze me while I suck a few more rpms off of Packman
> > and Guru to get my machine up to the multi-media functionality
> > Kubuntu 6.10 delivered right off blue and white the dvd.
>
> Does it play MP3s and DVDs? Without installing anything from
> the network?

I was impressed when the Live CD did indeed play music
streaming from the net in mp3 format, and also some mp3s
on a thumb drive.

Then in tried the livecd of Sabayon Linux (gentoo based) and it
even figured out my ATI video card and played mp3s.
(They did have a notice on their site about having to fetch ATI
drivers for a regular install - unlike the livecd)

But its hard to test a DVD movie on a liveCD.