Re: [opensuse] Re: memories? (was: Goodbye to suse and why not stay, The Linux Wall)
  • From: Michael Nelson <michaelnel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:07:28 -0800
On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 08:17:41PM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

> FWIW you got the easy end of the stick

Stick? We had sticks too! When I first started with computers there were
no computers, no keyboards, no monitors, no LEDs. We used the sticks to
scratch 1s and 0s in the dirt!

Dirt? You guys had DIRT? Why, when I started with computers.....

<grin>

Michael

PS: I used to stay after work to play Dungeon on the company DEC PDP11/70 on
a character mode terminal. Maybe it wasn't called Dungeon.. "You are in a
maze of twisty passages, all the same" was a key line where I frequently got
stuck.

--
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to

San Francisco, CA