Re: [opensuse] Kaspersky and openSUSE 10.2
  • From: Pete Connolly <pete.connolly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:41:49 +0000
On Tuesday 26 December 2006 13:01, Frank Murphy wrote:

> > 3(NXDOMAIN):/opt/kaspersky/kav4fs/lib/bin/setup #
>
> and why has bash changed to (NXDOMAIN)?
>

> Frank

Hi Frank

Don't know about Kaspersky, but I believe the (NXDOMAIN) problem is tied into
the dhcp setup on your machine. I had the same issue when my system was set
to get it's hostname from the DHCP server, but the server wasn't assigning
hostnames, just IP address details.

Try setting your hostname to something fixed in the network setup section in
YAST and restart networking with rcnetwork restart. You might need to reboot
the machine, hopefully not.

Cheers

Pete