Re: [opensuse] Re: Goodbye to suse and why not stay, The Linux Wall
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:11:20 -0800

> > There certainly is an issue of expectations management, but
> > remember, this all started out by me saying that I thought the
> > software profession has not done a good enough job. And it hasn't.
>
> I think that should be the software industry, not the profession.

Exactly what distinction are you drawing here? All the software we're
using is professionally designed and developed by industrial
programmers and programming teams, and that certainly includes
open-source software. And even where the distinction between the corps
of software professionals is meaningfully distinguished from the
software industry, it's the professionals who must lead in the effort
to make the output (software) of much higher quality than we have
today.

> /Per Jessen, Zürich

RRS