Re: [opensuse] Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 20:08:16 +0100
Tirsdag 26 december 2006 01:32 skrev J Sloan:
> Tom Patton wrote:
> > Dear Tom Patton,
> >
> > The product that you have purchased is a made to order product. This
> > means when the order is placed, our manufacturing department starts the
> > process of creating the product, this can take up to 7 business days to
> > complete. At that time the product will ship out and a tracking number
> > will be emailed to you.
>
> How fscking quaint. a hand crafted product, built to order. What is this,
> the 1890s? I wonder if these folks are familiar with the assembly line
> concept of mass production. I mean, you'd think they could plan ahead based
> on past orders and say, have a few thousand boxes ready for shipment...
>
> I ordered my 10.2 boxed set yesterday, with 2nd day air - but if they take
> a friggin week to ship it, I've just wasted my money. Hopefully the message
> quoted above is just boilerplate passed along by some well meaning drone -
> if not, I'll be rather disappointed in Novell's ability to plan and
> execute.
>
> Joe

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen of this fine list :-)

- I know not much about the US postal system nor other distributional matters
in your part of the world.
- But let me tell you of a small (one man show, I don't know??) business in my
part of the world, Denmark. See www.linuxpusher.dk, they'll burn CD/DVDs and
ship them same day. Prices is the cost of burning, shipping and a small
reasonable profit.
- If legal (?) in the US, such a small entrepreneur would solve at least one
of the box problems that I gather you have - from reading this thread.
- and a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY New Year to you all too !