Re: [opensuse] Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: Tom Patton <thpnalb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:22:57 -0700
On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 17:24 +0100, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 03:44:33PM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > On Monday 25 December 2006 15:21, Tom Patton wrote:
> > > Ok, now this is really wierd and disturbing...
> > >
> > > I just received a second reply from Digital River, and it conflicts
> > > with the first "backorder" excuse.
> >
> This is correct. It is no longer important to generate revenue with
> openSUSE sales.
>
> openSUSE is however and will stay our flagship homeuser product, it will
> not go away when no boxes are sold.
>
> The goal is mainly a presence in the desktop and homeuser market, and
> also a trying bed for the latest and greatest new technologies.
>
> So you can feel good when downloading and installing it, you are welcome.
>
> (And I am the guy who gives you 2 years of security updates for it,
> even if you just download it.)
>
> Ciao, Marcus
Marcus, I really appreciate the effort you et al have put forth in all
these years to make SuSE the superior product I think we all agree that
it is...secure and stable (well, a glitch here-and-there along the
way...)

The question wasn't whether to download or buy...I've nearly every boxed
set since 6.2, because I'm on a modem here, no dsl, cable, or satellite.
I'm looking at 10 boxes on the shelf, and with the exception of 10.1,
every one was a good deal for me, and I felt like a small contributor.

>From responses on this forum, it appears the 10.2 deliveries are
happening overseas...but not here in the US.

THAT is the question!

--
Tom in NM
SuSE 9.3/Evolution