Re: [opensuse] Re: Boxed 10.2 orders
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:04:24 -0500
On Tue December 26 2006 11:24 am, Russ Fineman scratched these words
onto a coconut shell, hoping for an answer:
> Tom Patton wrote:
> > Ok, now this is really wierd and disturbing...
> >
> > I just received a second reply from Digital River, and it conflicts
> > with the first "backorder" excuse.
> >
> > WHAT IS custom order about the OpenSuse10.2 boxed
> > set???????????????? Is this a "US ONLY" release???????????????
> >
> > I guess it is impolite to "publish" another persons' email, but as
> > they were in response to my inquiry...here goes:
> >
> > Dear Tom Patton,
> >
> > The product that you have purchased is a made to order product.
> > This means when the order is placed, our manufacturing department
> > starts the process of creating the product, this can take up to 7
> > business days to complete. At that time the product will ship out
> > and a tracking number will be emailed to you. This will allow you
> > to follow you packages progress on its way to your location.
> >
> > Thank you for contacting Digital River for shopNovell. If you have
> > any further questions or concerns, please "reply" to this e-mail.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Brandon T.
> > Customer Service
> > Digital River for shopNovell
> > shopnovell_service@xxxxxxxxxx
> > http://shop.novell.com/custserv
> > 1-877-4NOVELL
> > Case ID 1598xxxx
> >

> > Original Message Follows:
> > -------------------------
> >
> > Good morning, YiJing,
> >
> > Does this mean that Opensuse10.2 has been an overwhelming success?
> > Can you tell me how many packages you HAVE delivered here in the
> > States?
> >
> > Thanks for a reply, and Happy Holidays to you.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-12-22 at 06:08 -0600, Novell Customer Service wrote:
> >> Dear Thomas Patton,
> >>
> >> We apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately, the product
> >> that
> >
> > you
> >
> >> ordered is on backorder. Although we do not have an estimated
> >> arrival date, we are working with the vendor to obtain more stock
> >> as soon as possible. As soon as we receive your product it will be
> >> promptly
> >
> > shipped
> >
> >> and you will receive a confirmation email at the address you
> >> supplied
> >
> > on
> >
> >> your order. Rest assured that we will not charge your card until
> >> the product ships. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thank you for contacting Digital River for shopNovell. If you have
> >> any
> >>
> >> further questions or concerns, please "reply" to this e-mail.
> >>
> >> Sincerely,
> >> YiJing C.
> >> Customer Service
> >> Digital River for shopNovell
> >> shopnovell_service@xxxxxxxxxx
> >> http://shop.novell.com/custserv
> >> 1-877-4NOVELL
> >> Case ID 1598xxxx
> >>

> >> Original Message Follows:
> >> -------------------------

> [...]

I have yet to get a response to my inquiry , but I did log onto Novell
and start another order, since that seems to be the only way to contact
them. If you try to place an order it says it is ready to ship. I sent
a "question" tho that seems only to want to know if I am tax exempt or
VAT or similar.

And you must choose one of their subjects, there are 4 , none of which
is "other" and none of which cover my question!

anyway this was on the page I got when I checked the sales location:
PLEASE NOTE: If the product you have ordered is In Stock, your order
will ship within 2 business days.
DHL - Ground is only available for US lower 48 States
- For UPS Ground shipments, please allow 5 - 7 business days for
delivery.
DHL - Air - Next Day Air is only available for US lower 48 States
DHL - Air - Worldwide Express is available for all international
shipments
- For DHL - Air - Worldwide Express, please allow 2 - 4 business days
for delivery.
International Shipments: Shipping charges do not include any Brokerage
Fees, Customs Fees or Taxes that you may be charged.

For Minnesota, California and Washington state residents, applicable
sales tax will be applied.

If it's there, why isn't it shipping?? If not, can they not tell us
nearly when, so I don't cancel ??

I'm "just sayin" ?