[opensuse] new issue in SuSE 10.2: "Down" and "End" key always bring up "computer" panel
  • From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:08:08 +0800
I got this really disturbing problem after upgraded to SuSE 10.2:
whenever I press the "down" arrow key or the "End" key, it always make
SuSE pop up "Computer" panel (the panel that look like start menu in
Windows). I hit "down" or "End" button once every 50 seconds, that means
every hour I get annoyed by it more then 60 times, I am very close to
throw this stupid damn computer out of window.

I checked shortcut key configuration and it seems "Computer Panel" is
defined as "Alt+F1", then I changed it to some other shortcut key, but
still, hit 'down' or 'End' bring up this panel. The more stupid behavior
is if I hit "Windows" key, which is used to bring up Start Menu on
Windows, the "Computer Panel" do not pop up, so it looks SuSE think
'Down' and 'End' are actually two "Windows" bottons.

But still, there is one place 'Down' button does work, that is when I
have clicked a drop-down selection list (any drop-down selection list
will do, e.g. Firefox's address bar's drop down menu, Evolution's
drop-down menu, any application's menu bar's menu).

I open gnome shotcut define dialog box, define a shortcut key for an
item, and when asked to press a key, I press "Down" and it shows that
the short cut key I defined is "Down", that means, gnome *knows well* I
pressed *Down*, not the stupid windows key.

So where do I start to solve this problem?