Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:46:58 +0200
On 12/25/06, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did try to change the scheme to Acourtic and then back to
> Performance, but that does not make any difference.

Well, if there is a bug somewhere, I wouldn't expect it to work, not for
sure.

The schemes does work when you disconnect AC and it even change the fan state:

On AC:
---<snip>--
fullyautomatix:/proc/acpi/fan/C263 # powersave -x
Performance active AC_default_scheme
Acoustic
Presentation
Powersave battery_default_scheme
fullyautomatix:/proc/acpi/fan/C263 # cat state
status: on
--<snip>--

On Battery:
--<snip>--
fullyautomatix:/proc/acpi/fan/C263 # powersave -x
Performance AC_default_scheme
Acoustic
Presentation
Powersave active battery_default_scheme
fullyautomatix:/proc/acpi/fan/C263 # cat state
status: off
--<snip>--

Back on AC:
--<snip>--
fullyautomatix:/proc/acpi/fan/C263 # powersave -x
Performance active AC_default_scheme
Acoustic
Presentation
Powersave battery_default_scheme
fullyautomatix:/proc/acpi/fan/C263 # cat state
status: on
--<snip>--

Now I wonder if it only fails if the temperature goes above a certain
level and you connect the AC again, or maybe it is if it has been on
battery for a certain time, because it has happened a few times in the
past that when I run on battery and go back to AC, the machine also
keeps on running hot.

> This seems to be only a problem on my machine. I have not heard any
> other nx6125 users having the same problem.

Perhaps there are not many users of that system reading this, or they are
not so perceptive. It doesn't mean they don't have the problem.

Or they may be celebrating Christmas, you know ;-)

Hmm, yes, I forgot about that..

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za