Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse
  • From: "John E. Perry" <j.e.perry@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 15:55:19 -0500
Carlos E. R. wrote:

> The Monday 2006-12-25 at 14:48 -0500, John E. Perry wrote:
>
>>> You choose that advice instead of the advice to the contrary.
>> Yes. Practically no one gave an unqualified "yes" to reiser3. The best
>> I saw was "don't change without reason".
>
> I don't see any reason to change. And I would say the same to anybody
> using similar reasons to change from ext3 to reiser or xfs or any
> combination whatsoever.

>>> What bugs?
>> Whatever it is that causes partitions to collapse occasionally. You
>> wouldn't call that a bug?
>
> No.
>
> If it were a bug, you would be reporting it to bugzilla to have it solved.

If I had something worthwhile to say, probably. Who to I say "my root
partition suddenly became unavailable, and I had to restore it with
fsck.reiser from my rescue cd, and I have no idea what the problem was"?

> Collapse, like what? In normal use?

As I said before, after one of the zen updates, I rebooted, and the root
partition was corrupt. fsck.reiser from the install cd printed hundreds
of lines during the two stages of repair, which I did not try to write
down, and which, as far as I know, are not preserved anywhere on the
system.

--

John Perry
Embedded Electronics