Re: [opensuse] Goodbye to suse and why not stay, The Linux Wall
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:36:29 +0100
Niels Østergaard Kjær wrote:

> As a newbie we have to fight the total lack of knowledge (it is X-mas
> so we suppose it is only about linux and nothing else in life :)), so
> when Kai P writes:
> quote:
>
> As anyone can tell you, getting popular codes to play multimedia takes
> about
> five minutes of your time.
>
> then as a newbie I look for the howto recipe for how do I do it in 5
> minutes too, the links showed static pictures and no info on how to do it.

Unfortunately How To's are outdated more often than not. Better use Google. In
your particular example the search terms

suse 10.2 play multimedia

gives in its very first hit a blow by blow account of how to solve this
particular problem.

This is rather the rule than the exception.

Best regards and merry X-mas,

--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704