Re: [opensuse] 'Goes along with those mad at Novell/SUSE and leave.
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 08:27:47 -0800

> One ought to seriously consider that there are those Windows users
> who don't want DRM laden technology stopping them from doing what
> they want. The market has yet to through it's weight around on this
> issue, I suspect that is mostly because it is unaware of
> alternatives.

This emphasizes the non-technical aspect of DRM. It's only there and
growing because of the current lopsided state of intellectual property
law and that's what it is entirely because of the hegemony formed by
large business corporations.

So there is no technical solution to this aspect of DRM, except of
course to continue to subvert it (technically).

Randall Schulz