Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: Kenneth Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 07:47:57 -0500
On Mon, 2006-12-25 at 13:39 +0200, Andre Truter wrote:
> On 12/25/06, Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it seems that the fan is set to off after a hibernate.
> > /proc/acpi/fan/C263/state changes from "status: on" to "status:
> > off", but I have no idea what is causing it. All powersave settings
> > are the same, and all acpi related modules are the same.

What other items do you have in /proc/acpi/fan/? It appears that we are
looking at more then one fan here.

Also the "status" reading may not be a switch that can be changed but
only a place holder for what is actually happening. You may have to set
a value elsewhere to turn the fan on and off. And the value may only
show "on" when the fan is actually running.

--
Ken Schneider