[opensuse] Goodbye to suse and why not stay, The Linux Wall
  • From: Niels Østergaard Kjær <linux@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:39:13 +0100

many fine letters on the goodbye subject
and the subject installs as a secondary desktop.

There is a third aspect too, the Linux wall.

As a newbie we have to fight the total lack of knowledge (it is X-mas
so we suppose it is only about linux and nothing else in life :)), so
when Kai P writes:
quote:

As anyone can tell you, getting popular codes to play multimedia takes
about
five minutes of your time.

then as a newbie I look for the howto recipe for how do I do it in 5
minutes too, the links showed static pictures and no info on how to do it.

my point is something about maybe to remember each of you have been
newbies once too, so pleace finish lines with howto do it, not just
mention it is possible.

This is not a letter being hard on Kai or anyone else, more a
suggestion on one way to help newbies to be a steady linux user.

Merry x-mas

Niels

Kai Ponte wrote:

>> Sounds like a personal problem to me....PEBCEK anyone?

>> Sigh, another crossover loser from COLA...
>>
>> ...though I agree that Novell should show some cajones and
>> provide
multimedia
>> in their system like Xandros does, it really isn't a big deal. I
>> mean,
take
>> a stock verson of WinXP or Vista and see what happens when you
>> stick a commercial Region 1 DVD in.
>>
>> <insert Jepardy music here>
>>
>> As anyone can tell you, getting popular codes to play multimedia
>> takes
about
>> five minutes of your time.
>>
>> http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/desk_dvd_lg.jpg
>>
>> http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/desktop+mp3.jpg
>>
>> http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/suse/2006/happyfeet1.jpg
>>

>> This has been true of any version since I started using SUSE
>> during 9.1
days.