Re: [opensuse] KsCD stopping.
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 15:20:11 -0900
On Sunday 24 December 2006 10:29, James Knott wrote:
> I've installed SUSE 10.2 on a couple of computers, one 64 bit, the other
> 32. One thing I've noticed is that when a CD is played, KsCD will
> start, play a couple of songs and then suddenly stop part way through
> one song. Then, after resuming playing, it will work perfectly,
> including repeating the same CD, until a new CD is inserted, which will
> then also fail. This problem occurs on both computers. One a 64 bit
> desktop and the other a 32 bit ThinkPad. I've never seen this behaviour
> before.

I've seen this occasionally too. And I dont use KsCD. So it
might be a good Idea for you to test some other players and see
if the problem persists. Maybe realplayer, amarok etc.

Perhaps it is part of the automount system getting involved
after a while, dismounting the drive or some such.

--
John Andersen