[opensuse] rsync syntax
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 15:23:29 -0500
Hi All,

I need to start synchronizing a 'live' website, nightly, with the 'master'
copy residing under ~/public_html/ on my local box.

I have user account level ssh access to the server and, when I log in, it
'lands' me at /home/user/ ('~/'), directly above the 'live' website directory
at ~/public_html/ (is symlinked to ~/www/).

I'm sure there are many people on this list who know how to do this. I *sort
of* know since I use rsync locally on a daily basis. However, the 'live' site
lives on a production box and just don't feel like experimenting. :-) Any
recommendations/advice on the correct syntax to use with rsync?

TIA & regards,

Carl