Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 10.2 Laptop runs hot after resume
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:22:07 +0200

> > A third idea, have a look at the values under /proc/acpi/processor/
> > before and after.
>
> Looks the same before and after. All files are empty.

Are those files actually empty, or is it just that you're looking at the
file size reported by "ls -l"? Because the zero size reported by ls is
not true for many of the introspective files in /proc.

Ah, yes, you are correct.

I checked it again and the processor stuff is the same, but I did
notice that the fan stuff differ.
/proc/acpi/fan/C260/state differ.

Before a Hibernate, it says : status : on
After the Hibernate, it says: status: off

So, it seams that the fan stays off after a hibernate.

I tried to reload the powernow_k8 module, but nothing changes.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za