Re: [opensuse] how to install usb external disk
  • From: Primm <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:33:23 +0100

> So what you are saying is that you got this disc manager from the HD
> manufacturer and it would not recognise the new drive you just bought?
>
> > Cheers, Steve. My hardware supplier is open today :-)
>
> Well whose a lucky boy then? :-) .
>
> Tell us the outcome of this venture. (I always like to know the results
> for future reference.)
>
> Cheers.

I exchanged the disk having seen the other fail under their XP test box and
made them show me the new one being recognised. I plugged it in to my 10.2
server and it worked without me having to do anything apart from destroy the
ntfs it was filled with. I have other questions now in the 'usb external disk
questions' thread.

Thanks for your help and interest.
Cheers, Steve.