Re: [opensuse] Can spam be defeated?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher(ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 14:13:22 +0200
Steven T. Hatton wrote:
It just keeps getting worse. I really don't want to change my email address, but it's all over the Internet, and the spammers are killing my inbox. I don't want to spend a lot of time on this issue, I just want to be able to block these idiots. I'm running a postfix mail server. Is there an easy was to thwart spam? I use the filters built into KMail, but they seem almost worthless.

A possible solution/link I have is:
Easy SPAM blocking with TMDA(Tagged Message Delivery Agent)
http://ct.techrepublic.com.com/clicks?t=23033582-c55bc3b61974813922cfaaafffbee890-bf&s=5&fs=0

I have not visited it nor used it so YMMV

As you already have postfix, why not incorporate a couple of anti spam tools as well. Hell then if the first one doesn't nail te spam , the ssecond one will, hopefully. :)