[opensuse] Sound from browsers stuck in a loop
  • From: Guy <guy.zelck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:21:39 +0100
Hi all,

I'm using OpenSuse 10.1 and the sound system is set up correctly (Alsa &
SoundBlaster Live 5.1 card) cause everything plays alright.
Quite often I've got this annoying problem with playing clips from the
internet be it from Konqueror or Firefox.

What happens is that the clip (audio or video) plays and then for no
apparent reason about 1 second of the clip gets stuck in a loop and is
repeated ad infinitum. The remedy is to kill the nspluginviewer when
using Konqueror or to leave the site with Firefox.

So you're never sure you can hear the clip in its entirety or not which
is damn irritating. Let alone giving a demo about Linux and then having
this thing happening.

Has anyone witnessed this and better nows what's wrong?

Thx,
Guy.